APPLE CRISP SLICES
2 baking apples, peeled, cored and each sliced into 4 rings
3 tablespoons butter, melted
6 Stauffer’s Apple Pie Snaps*
¼ cup pecan halves
2 teaspoons turbinado or demera sugar
Aerosol whipped cream
- Heat oven 450F. Line a rimmed baking sheet, just large enough to hold the 8 apple rings in a single layer, with heavy-duty foil. Brush foil with a little of melted butter.
- Place cookies and pecans in food processor; pulse until mixture is just crushed.
- Place cookie mixture on a flat plate.
- Brush apple slices all over with melted butter and then press each side into cookie mixture to coat. Place apples in prepared pan.
- Mix any remaining butter with any remaining crumbs and sprinkle over apples.
- Top apples evenly with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until apples are tender. Watch carefully to make sure crumbs don’t burn during the last few minutes.
- Serve with your favorite whipped cream.