Pumpkin Mousse Torte
- 33 Stauffer’s Pumpkin Snaps, divided
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or orange juice (for non-alcohol version)
- 1 (1/4-oz) package unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I use King Arthur Flour brand)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup unseasoned pumpkin, drained on paper towels
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven 350F.
- Place 18 cookies in food processor fitted with blade. Process until cookies are finely crushed to make 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Add butter; pulse until crumbly.
- Press cookie crumbs over bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Place remaining cookies around edge of pan slightly overlapping and rounded side out. Gently press each cookie into the bottom crust. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool crust in pan on a wire rack.
- In small bowl, combine water and bourbon or orange juice; sprinkle gelatin over the top. Set mixture aside to let gelatin soften.
- In medium saucepan, whisk brown sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, salt and ½ cup heavy cream until smooth. Add egg yolks and milk; whisk until well blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking another minute being sure to scrape the sides of the pot with a heat-proof spatula.
- Whisk in gelatin mixture until it is fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in pumpkin and vanilla. Press a piece of plastic wrap to pumpkin mixture to prevent a skin from forming. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Whip remaining ½ cup heavy cream to soft peaks; fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared crust; smooth top. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or as long as overnight.
- Cut into wedges and top with sweetened whipped cream or Greek yogurt.